For a part-time remote position, we’re looking for proficient ASL signers to join our translating team and take part in the development of VSL Labs– a product aiming to improve the accessibility to communication and information for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community worldwide. First-language signers, interpreters, CODA, and even students- Deaf, hearing, and HOH- all who are passionate about American Sign Language and are advocates for the Deaf community are wanted to assist in translating spoken English into ASL grammar.
• Proficiency in American Sign Language – MUST
• Understanding of ASL grammatical structure – MUST
• Basic technical knowledge and orientation
• Ability to work independently and strong communication skills
• Control Microsoft office tools
• Well organized, multi-tasker
• Able to complete tasks and meet deadlines
• Verify written English to ASL gloss translations.
• Ongoing reporting in the validation process.
• Direct work with linguists and an algorithmic team
• Verify 2D Animation Accuracy.
Apply here or send your CV [email protected]
About VSL Labs:
A new startup within GKI Group is working on amazing and life-changing solutions that cannot be disclosed just yet. In one sentence: this breakthrough technology that VSL Labs is working on will improve accessibility to communication and information for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community worldwide.